If it's the former, I won't apologize, but I do implore you to read on.
If it's the latter, take your time telling everyone you see how awesome Korked Bats is, then come back over here and read on.
At any rate, let's get to it!
The East Region:
- Texas isn't the same without D.J. Augistin. It forces them to either put A.J. Abrams (a shotty ball-handler) or Dogus Balbay (a 45% free throw shooter) at the point. Don't be surprised if they lose to Tubby and his Gophers.
- Oklahoma State's best player is 5 foot 11 and weighs 210 pounds (a very generous estimate, might I add). With that, I hereby establish the Byron Eaton Corollary: Always pick against a running team whose sub-6-foot point guard weighs 200+ pounds.
- As Ohio State 15th man/blogger extraordinaire Mark Titus points out, Wisconsin's team provides a clinic in the buzz-cut. What screams "FUNDAMENTAL!!"more than a bunch of white guys with buzzcuts?!?
- Don't sleep on UCLA. They aren't the same squad they've been the last few years, but they still have a talented roster with a freshman in Jrue Holliday that could jump into the lottery if his tournament is good enough (a la USC's Demar Derozan). Seems like a good time for him to start trying. I like their chances even better if they sneak Jordan Farmar into the game in Blake Arnet's jersey.
- I defy you to find me a more phonetically pleasing team name than the Binghampton Bearcats. I've spent the last seven minutes considering changing prediction number 5 just because I want to hear Ian Ealge say "Fit on that glass slipper, Binghampton Bearcats!" all the way into April so badly.
- The end of this NCAA tournament will be as exciting as the end of this blog post...