CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

CHECK OUT OUR NEW SITE!


We Are The Best Sports Blog That Nobody Reads

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Huff n' Fluff - September 30th, 2009

This is a new recurring post that I would like to bring to Korked Bats. It's called Huff n' Fluff (the name may change because its kinda gay) and in it I will take recent sports news and just make some jokes about each one.

So without wasting any more time, let's bring on the Fluff...

• • •

The WNBA season is about over and they are in their Finals. You guys probably care more about when the next World of Warcraft Lan Party is, but just keep reading.

Last night was Game 1 of the WNBA Finals with the Indiana Fever beating the Pheonix Mercury. It was actually the highest scoring game in WNBA History, 120-116.

What did the girls do after the big win?

They went home and made their husbands dinner.

• • •

The Eagles signed linebacker Jeremiah Trotter yesterday. You guys remember Jeremiah Trotter don't you? He hasn't played since 2007 and is making his third stint with the team.

The Eagles announced that they only signed the aging veteran to bring more publicity to the team by starting a reality show called, "Welcome Back Trotter".

If you don't think that's funny, then "Up your nose with a rubba' hose!"

• • •

That last joke was a Welcome Back Kotter reference. Just F.Y.I.

• • •

Don't get down about losing your job, Jeff. I heard Bod Man Fragrance Sprays are looking for some guys for their new commercials.

Yesterday the Eagles also released veteran quarterback Jeff Garcia. The same Jeff Garcia that they signed two weeks ago.

It's alright Jeff... Your stint with with the Eagles lasted longer than most of my relationships with girls.

And probably longer than Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odoms marriage. So hold your head up high.

Plus, this gives Jeff a chance to get with more NFL teams than Jessica Simpson.

• • •

Tim Tebow? More like Tim Teblow To The Head!

or the Tim Teblow Heard 'Round The World!

In my eyes (and probably the eyes of every other SEC team), Kentucky won that game. ESPN about crapped their pants when Tebow went out. Any season ending injury for Tebow means hours worth of material that they need to find to fill time on their station with.

However, last Saturday's game revealed the question that the only Kryptonite left on Earth lies in Kentucky's two star Caucasian redshirt freshman, Taylor Wyndham.

Side Note: Does Kentucky ALWAYS run the Wildcat Offense?

• • •

The Browns announced today that they are switching starting quarterbacks.

Brady Quinn is now benched and Derek Anderson will start Sunday against the Cincinnati Bengals.

Get excited Browns fans! Your offense just went from sucking big time to just sucking.

• • •

That's it for the first edition of Huff n' Fluff. If you have any jokes or comments about any of todays news topics or any other news topics from around the sports world, share them below in the comments section. We would love to hear from you and we may use some of your material here on the site.

Also, we are looking for ideas of better names for these Huff n' Fluff posts.


18 comments:

Patrick said...

Huff Off the Cuff. Boo Yeah.

Will said...

o man i love the wnba finals! its a great chance for me to work on my fantasy team. you know which girls on the court I want in my fantasies. boom!

also I became a kentucky fan for a day for their "malicious" hit on tebow.

Anonymous said...

You have really great taste on catch article titles, even when you are not interested in this topic you push to read it

Anonymous said...

Hi there this is kinda of off topic but I was wondering if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have
to manually code with HTML. I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding experience so I wanted to get advice from someone with experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Feel free to surf to my weblog - garcinia urophylla

Anonymous said...

Hi there, always i used to check blog posts here in the early hours in the daylight, since i love to find out more and more.


Here is my page green coffee extract 800mg

Anonymous said...

Definitely believe that which you stated. Your favorite reason seemed to be on the
web the simplest thing to be aware of. I say to
you, I definitely get annoyed while people consider worries
that they just don't know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the whole thing without having side effect , people could take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thanks

Also visit my blog post; tanda pearl ionic teeth whitening system

Anonymous said...

I am genuinely thankful to the holder of this site who has shared this wonderful post at at this time.


my weblog; garciniacambogiaextract.tripod.co.uk

Anonymous said...

I for all time emailed this website post page to all my associates, since if like to read it afterward my contacts will too.


Take a look at my web page: teeth whitening process

Anonymous said...

Right away I am going away to do my breakfast, when having my breakfast coming
yet again to read further news.

My blog post ... hca recruitment

Anonymous said...

Good response in return of this query with firm arguments and explaining everything concerning that.



Here is my webpage ... raspberry ketones dr oz

Anonymous said...

This excellent website really has all the information I wanted concerning this subject
and didn't know who to ask.

Feel free to visit my homepage green coffee coupon

Anonymous said...

Unquestionably believe that which you stated. Your favorite reason seemed to be on the internet the
easiest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I definitely get
annoyed while people consider worries that they just
don't know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top as well as defined out the whole thing without having side effect , people could take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thanks

Stop by my blog post ... whitening devisce

Anonymous said...

An intriguing discussion is definitely worth comment.
I do think that you ought to publish more on this issue, it
may not be a taboo matter but generally people do not discuss these
subjects. To the next! Many thanks!!

Look at my web-site ... moringa oil

Anonymous said...

We are a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community.
Your web site provided us with valuable information to work on.
You have done an impressive job and our whole community will be thankful to you.



my web page ... renowned doctor reveals what works for weight loss

Anonymous said...

Awesome site you have here but I was wondering if you knew of any forums that cover the same topics discussed in this article?

I'd really like to be a part of online community where I can get suggestions from other experienced individuals that share the same interest. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Kudos!

Visit my blog :: cytotoxic xanthones from the leaves of garcinia urophylla

Anonymous said...

Thanks for a marvelous posting! I seriously enjoyed reading it, you're a great author.I will ensure that I bookmark your blog and will come back in the foreseeable future. I want to encourage that you continue your great writing, have a nice weekend!

My blog ... garcinia indica in telugu

Anonymous said...

Hmm it looks like your blog ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I had written and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog.
I too am an aspiring blog blogger but I'm still new to everything. Do you have any helpful hints for novice blog writers? I'd definitely appreciate it.


Feel free to surf to my web page - garcinia o que é

Anonymous said...

Sweet blog! I found it while surfing around on Yahoo News.
Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News?
I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Appreciate it

My web-site - teeth whitening

Post a Comment